Wednesday, July 8, 2015

JaToya Reviews: Elizabeth Scott, Living Dead Girl


Summary:
Once upon a time, I was a little girl who disappeared.

Once upon a time, my name was not Alice.

Once upon a time, I didn't know how lucky I was.
 

When Alice was ten, Ray took her away from her family, her friends -- her life. She learned to give up all power, to endure all pain. She waited for the nightmare to be over. 

Now Alice is fifteen and Ray still has her, but he speaks more and more of her death. He does not know it is what she longs for. She does not know he has something more terrifying than death in mind for her. 

This is Alice's story. It is one you have never heard, and one you will never, ever forget.


My Review:
The way this book is written is unlike any other novel I've personally read before. It's interesting and it makes the story different. It took some getting used to but it also makes the book a very fast read. I finished it in less than a day simply because I couldn't put it down. It's disturbing, heartbreaking, and it's hard to read. Don't think it's hard to read because of the writing, it's hard to read due to the subject. It's never easy to read about child abduction. It's never easy to read about the way a child suffers, but that's were Scott is brilliant. The way she wrote the story makes you want to keep reading although it may be hard to at times. I felt said and mad. I cried because like I said, this story is heartbreaking. I was also left with a question. The ending of this book is one that can be interpreted in a number of ways. I reread the ending and to me it is brilliant (I keep using that word, sorry). For me, I love when things aren't so clear cut and you have to draw your own conclusions. After I finished the book, I was a crying mess but I immediately wanted my mom to read it because I love getting different perspectives on books and discussing them. If you've reading this, let me know what you thought of it. I recommend this book. It's a fast read, but it's not boring. I have read parts of it again and it still makes me feel something. It's worth reading for yourself, I don't think you'll regret it. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and thanks for your comment. I read each and every one and they truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...