Monday, January 12, 2015

About my hair and stuff like that

This post may be all over the place, but hey, what's new? I want to give brief overview on my natural hair journey and pick your brain about wash and gos. I will probably be doing a more detailed "natural journey" post, but for now, here goes. I'm new to the whole natural hair game. Well not completely new so let me explain. I guess I've always had natural hair in the sense that I've never had a perm. I've always gotten my hair pressed and worn it straight. With that being said, I used to flat iron and curl my hair almost everyday. When I was in high school, my curls just had to freaking perfect or I was freaking ot. Then as I got older I stopped putting so much heat on my hair and I wore it up in a bun of some sort (which is my fave way to wear my hair btw). Then I stopped straightening my hair altogether and that brings us to where I am today. I haven't put any heat on my hair since March, I believe. I'm not really counting and I don't remember the specific date as I'm not really "strict" about my natural hair. I don't have a certain length I'd like to get to, but I mean of freaking course I want long hair. I'm really more about the health of my hair since healthy hair is growing hair. Not sure if that made sense, but you get the picture. When I stopped straightening it, I had no clue what I was doing. I was putting shit on my hair that had no business being on there. I didn't know half the stuff I know now and I still feel like I don't know much. I'm constantly looking online and all the information is so confusing. Like really, really confusing. At the time, I didn't know what kind of curl pattern I had or what curl type I was. I wasn't even aware that even existed. Now I'm all about my natural curls. I freaking love them. My hair has sort of become my life. I'm obsessed with it. I love learining about it and seeing wha does and what doesn't work for me. I also want to pefect and I mean really perfect a wash and go. I still haven't yet and that bugs me like nothing else. I've done a lot of research, well reading online, and while my wash and go looks decent, it still kind of sucks. So I want to know, do you guys wash and go and if so teach me your ways. I'm kidding, but not really. I really want to know what products you guys use and all that good stuff.
P.S. I'm going to be doing a product post soon and maybe answering a few questions if you have any for me.

As always, thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and thanks for your comment. I read each and every one and they truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...