Monday, July 22, 2013

OOTD: Pattern me Fancy


I hope you all had an amazing and relaxing weekend. Monday mornings kind of suck but I'm here to (hopefully) brighten up your day with a little OOTD action. This is an outfit I put together for a fun Saturday night. This outfit is perfect for those days when you need to be put together but still comfortable. Again, this look was created with long ago pieces from my closet. Oh how I love a fashionable outfit using things I already own! And I know you guys can do it too. You can soon look forward to a blog post explaining the method to my madness. I'll go over how I put together my outfits and hopefully help some of you along the way. But for now, here's some tips on how to recreate this look. Tip #1 I always start by picking out my bottoms. For this, I started with printed

jeans. In my opinion, this is the fastest way to look polished and casual in one flail swoop. Printed jeans are the grown up more sophisticated cousin of regular denim. In an instant you're comfortable and cute. Tip #2 Keep the print neutral. Fun colors are great, but for this look keep the colors muted. This way you looked more pulled together. Tip #3 Choose a top with a fancier feel. I chose a flowy (is that a word?) chiffon top with lace detail. By pairing this fancier top with denim, it tones it down a little. Doing this also dresses up the denim pants. See, I told you there was a method to my madness. Tip #4 For day, I suggest wearing sandals. I'm thinking something sexy like gladiator ones. Remember, we're keeping things neutral, but fashion is fun. You could totally add a pop of color with a fun shoe choice. If you're wearing this look at night, I suggest wearing a pump like I did. It makes the look a little more night appropriate. I hope you all enjoyed this OOTD and that my tips are helpful. Remember, there are really no rules so have fun with your fashion choices. Thanks for reading. Follow me on Instagram @thebudgetfashionista for more pictures. Xoxo

What I'm wearing: Top- Forever 21 Printed pants- Target Patent pumps- Payless Purse- Dooney and Burke







No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and thanks for your comment. I read each and every one and they truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...