Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Choosing a houseplant


I'm no expert when it comes to houseplants. I just know what works for me. I've done research and since I have many of my own, I've kind of figured out what works for them. I do however have some tips that I've learned and things I do that have kept my plants healthy thus far. Here are some things I've learned along the way.

1. Know your living space.
It's important to know what kind of environment you live in. Does your space receive low light or bright light? Do you live in a humid area? A cold climate? All of these (and others I didn't mention) factor in when deciding what type of plant would best suit your space.

2. Do your research.
Before thinking about getting a plant you need to do your research. Find out what plants do well in low light. Find out which ones require little care or which ones are a little more high maintenance. Find out which ones are harder to kill (hello snake plants). It's so important to know what a plant needs so make sure you know before you buy.

3. Know the type of houseplant parent you'll be.
You know better than anyone the amount of time you have to care for a plant. All plants need some type of care. If you know that you don't have time to, then you might want to choose one that's low maintenance like a succulent. 

4. Choose a healthy plant.
When buying plants, there's nothing more important than buying a healthy one. That's where doing your research comes in. Knowing what a healthy plant looks like comes in handy. Make sure to check for dying leaves, pests, and other things that can make any houseplant you chose a bad one. You do not want to start off on the wrong foot. 

There are so many more things I could share but these are the basics. I hope this helps. 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and thanks for your comment. I read each and every one and they truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...