Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Whhaatttttt? 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target



Okay so today I have an extra blog post for you because I just couldn't wait until Friday to blog about this. I guess I should start off by saying that I sort of stalk the Refinery 29 website. I love everything about it. It's like a fashion and pop culture lovers dream. So I was up sort of early and naturally what I do when I'm up early is get on the internet. I know, it's kind of bad right, but I can't help it. I went on the Refinery 29 website and that's when I saw it. Mind you, I had no idea about this collab collection with 3.1 Phillip Lim and Target. I was blown away when I saw the pieces. I haven't really gotten excited about any other Target designer collab. This one really changed my mind. You can check out the full collection here, but I kind of wanted to recap and share my thoughts with my lovely blog readers. So here goes.

Let me say that when I think of 3.1 Phillip Lim I think about those bags. I don't really know him for his clothes, but those Target ones? Man, I really want to get my hands on some of them.

I was in complete heaven going through 126 slides of the collection. Yeah there's 126 pictures, but I told you I was up early and really had nothing better to do. Every pieces looks tailored and high quality and it just looks good. I would describe the collection as very chic and modern. There are a few classic pieces (like button up shirts, blazers, and trenches), but they have a sort of feminine touch. There are a few printed pieces (I'll show you some in a bit) which I love. I think the collection is geared towards a certain woman, but there is something for everybody. Refinery 29 calls the collection "a professional woman's dream", but don't fret, I'm not a professional woman and I was basically on the verge of salivating when I saw the collection. It's very versatile and the pieces can be worn so many ways.
Let's talk about those bags because well, I'm a bag girl. More than anything else, I will splurge on a nice handbag. As Refinery 29 says "the bags deserve a shout out all their own". If you don't get anything else in the collection, you definitely should try to get your hands on one of those bags. They look just as bit of good as the expensive ones and I don't think anybody will really be able to tell the differences. I'm definitely lusting after those bags. Don't be surprised if you see one make its debut on the blog. There are also a few shoes that I love. So here are some of my favorite pieces from the collection. It was tempting to post them all, but I resisted the urge. And remember the collection launches September 15th. Mark your calenders folks.



















This collection is amazing. I'm seriously dying over those bags and how incredible everything looks. Remember to check out everything from the collection here and the collection launches on September 15th.

Are any of you as exctied as I am about this collection? What are some of your favorite pieces?

Thanks for reading...





Photo Credit: Refinery 29 and Becomegorgeous.com

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and thanks for your comment. I read each and every one and they truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...