Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Cold Weather Survival Tips

image

Well, winter in Texas has finally arrived. It's been really cold here after a few weeks of cold weather here and there. That being said, there are a few things that I've learned along the way on how to survive cold weather and still look fabulous.

1. Moisturize I've sang the praises of keep your skin moisturized here and here. I can't stress enough how important it is to keep your skin and lips moisturized and smooth. Winter skin can be a pretty tough battle to fight, but by using the right products, and applying them daily, dry winter skin will be the thing of the past.

2. Hydrate It's always important to drink plenty of water. Some people only stress the importance of doing so in the hot months, but I think it's just as important in the colder months. Keeping yourself hydrated helps with your skin, but it also is so good for your body. So many sicknesses happen during the wintertime, so I like to keep myself as healthy and hydrated as possible.

3. Healthy Eating Now that the holidays are over, we can all get back to eating a little more healthily. Like I said before, it's important to be healthy during the winter months to avoid getting sick as much as possible. Getting more fruits and vegetables in your diet is a good way to get your body healthy after all the holiday eating.

4. Avoid Outside When I say this, I don't mean never leave your house. I mean be smart when you do. When it's cold, I only leave the comforts of my warm house when necessary and I don't stay outside longer than I have to.

5. Layer Layer Layer I'll have a post about my winter essentials when it comes to getting dressed, but I just had to mention something here. Layering and dressing in the appropriate clothing is major in winter. Especially freezing temperatures. So keep those heads, necks, and feet covered!

There are so many more things that can help you survive winter with style and grace, these are just five. Tell me below, what  is one thing you do that has helped you get through the winter?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and thanks for your comment. I read each and every one and they truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...