Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Recap


Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've blogged. Well, it's really only been about a week but it feels like a long time to me. I took some time off to enjoy the holiday with my family and just relax. That's understandable, right? Anyway, I just wanted to update you all with what's been going on during my hiatus and how my Thanksgiving was. Thanksgiving is always pretty low key for my family and I. We don't really go all out and usually just spend the day relaxing and eating of course. Speaking of eating, I pretty much stuffed the crap out of my face. It's been a long time since I've had a home cooked meal, so I was pretty excited to finally have one. My family and I aren't huge fans of the typical Thanksgiving food. So we just have turkey, chicken, roast, pork, potato salad, mashed potatoes, stuffing and rolls. We also don't really like pies, so we just have chocolate and red velvet cake which is my favorite. My favorite part about the day was just being able to relax and not have to stress about anything (at least for one day). There have been so many things going on in my hometown so I was just grateful to have my family. Also this time last year, my family and I were grieving the loss of my uncle. It felt good to be happy this year. So like I said, things were pretty low key but I had a really good day. 
my sisters and I last Thanksgiving
love my sisters
kiss kiss
the most important people in my life

I'm kind of sad that I didn't take any pictures this year, but I wanted to share a few I had from last year.

I also want to say that I'm thankful for all of you who take time out of your day to read my blog. As I've said before it really does mean a lot to me. I would love to know what you all did for Thanksgiving and what is your favorite Thanksgiving food. Also, do you and your family have any unique Thanksgiving traditions?
Thanks so much for reading and I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I'm wishing you all a very happy holiday season!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and thanks for your comment. I read each and every one and they truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...