Monday, October 7, 2013

comparison is the thief of joy



I just recently found this quote on Pinterest and I was immediately intrigued by it. Am I the only one who compares myself to other people? I know the answer to that is no because I'm sure we all do or have all done it. I've always wondered why it is so easy to look at someone's life and compare it to mine. Why are they smarter than me? Why do things always work out for them and not for me? Why are they so happy with their life while I'm not? Why do they have their life all figured out and I don't? Those are some of the questions that I've recently struggled with. I know it's bad, but sometimes it's hard not to wonder how someone else has it all together while I feel like I'm stuck. So if this is something that we all do, how do we stop? Well, I'm pretty sure there are no overnight cures. Oh how I wish there were, but in order to stop comparing yourself to others you have to focus on the positive things in your life. Like the quote says, how are you going to be happy if you're constantly comparing your life to someone else's? Even though someone may look like they have it all together on the outside, you can be sure that that has not always been the case or that there are still some aspects of their life that aren't so picture perfect. Everybody has struggles and everyone has issues. You never know what someone is going through on the inside. Stop comparing yourself to other people and start making the changes necessary in your own life. As I'm writing this, I'm talking to myself also. I'm still working on how to be happy with my own life. 

Since I'm struggling with this as well, I put together a few articles that deal with this issue. Let's get through this together.


And here are few more quotes to inspire you further:










Thanks for reading and I hope you all have a great day!











No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and thanks for your comment. I read each and every one and they truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...