Wednesday, April 29, 2015

JaToya Reviews: Sarah Dessen, Dreamland


Summary:
Ever since she started going out with Rogerson Biscoe, Caitlin seems to have fallen into a semiconscious dreamland where nothing is quite real. Rogerson is different from anyone Caitlin has ever known. He's magnetic. He's compelling. He's dangerous. Being with him makes Caitlin forget about everything else--her missing sister, her withdrawn mother, her lackluster life. But what happens when being with Rogerson becomes a larger problem than being without him?

summary and image from goodreads


My Review:
I have read almost all of Sarah Dessen's books and this one stands out as one of my favorites. When I read it, I couldn't put it down and I basically finished it in one day. It captivated me, but it also got me thinking which is the perfect formula for a book in my opinion. I also had mixed emotions. Although Rogerson was a bad guy (whom I had zero respect for) the way Sarah Dessen portrayed him was brilliant. I was left sort of wanting the best for him even though he was extremely flawed. I almost even felt sorry for him in a way that left me conflicted. I don't agree with what he did and how he reacted to situations, but he was written in a way that I could see his point of view. Caitlin was an amazing character as well who represents so many girls and women. She was broken and vulnerable and she made the story relatable. I might have never gone through the things she did exactly but there have been times in my life where I have felt vulnerable. The supporting characters also made this story and provided much needed comic relief because they were quirky. The book did however start off slow, but once I got into it, it picked up. It's a good one that I highly recommend if you're looking for something that's not just your typical teen romance. There's more depth to this story. It gets you thinking and feeling, it's a must read.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and thanks for your comment. I read each and every one and they truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...