Monday, September 30, 2013

shake it off


This quote does things for me. I have loved it from the first time I saw it. It's interesting, intriquing, and it gets you thinking; those are the best kinds of quotes in my opinion. Oh how I wish I were like trees in winter, you know, an expert at letting things go. Try as I might, I'm just not there yet. I haven't quite figured it out. You see, letting things go is not my forte. It's hard for me to to just accept that some things aren't meant to be and to just let it go. I know I'm not the only one who holds on to something for dear life. Eventually I realize that said thing isn't good for me, but boy do I wish I would realize it sooner.


There are a lot of things in our lives that we could be holding on to but really need to move on and let it go. It could be our past, our mistakes, or something that's holding us back from out future. It could be a person who is really no good for you (we've all been there right), but you just can't seem to get them out of your head. Or it could be the hurt, the pain, or the wrong that a person has done to you. It's hard to let that go. Whatever the situation may be, holding on to something is stressful. Let me tell you.  As hard as it may be, life is all about knowing when to hold on but most importantly knowing when to let go. I think the letting go is what makes us strong.


Like I said, I'm no expert at this. I'm still figuring things out. Am I still holding on to some things right now? Yeah I am. There are some things (and some people) that I'm still holding on to. Also, some hurt and some pain. I'm still trying to find my way and sometimes it's easier said than done, but I'm getting there. I know in my head that certain things and people aren't meant to be, I'm just trying to get my heart to catch up. 
"Whatever comes, let it come, what stays, let it stay, what goes, LET GO." -Papaji

Thanks so much for reading...


1.    2.    3.    4. 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog and thanks for your comment. I read each and every one and they truly make my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...